January 2024 Maintenance Release for Android 10 Devices
- 5.000.030.0053+p & 5.000.030.0053+ap for I-Series 4 Standard, Backpack 4 Standard, M50, M50C, M60, M60C
- 5.000.030.0082+v & 5.000.030.0082+av for I-Series 4 Value, Backpack 4 Value
On February 8th, 2024, Elo will release a new OS update for its Android 10 devices. This update includes feature enhancements and bug fixes that will improve the performance and usability of these devices. This update will be available for download on the EloView cloud portal as a dropdown OTA and will become the default OTA download on EloView and OEMConfig as of February 15th, 2024. Please reach out to your Elo support contact for any additional questions or to request access to a direct download of this update.
New features and enhancements:
- Enhanced battery performance of M50 and M60 by removing the screensaver from the sleep mode
- Resolved an issue where enabling "Show Elo Stock Apps" in the EloView portal resulted in the absence of the Settings app on the device
- Made improvements to Polish language keys for virtual keyboard on secondary screen
- Resolved an issue where configured Static IP was not being set
- Added API support for the following:
- To copy and paste texts from all context menus
- To set preferred virtual keyboard
- To enable and disable Auto Idle Mode
We highly recommend updating the Peripheral SDK JAR file to AAR for future Android upgrades. Failure to update will cause applications that leverage that library to crash on launch. As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.