November 2023 Maintenance Release for Android 12 Devices
- 6.000.004.0060+p & 6.000.004.0060+ap for I-Series 4 Standard, Backpack 4 Standard, M50, M50C, M60, M60C
- 6.000.004.0075+v, 6.000.004.0075+av for I-Series 4 Value, Backpack 4 Value
On November 30th, 2023, Elo will release the Android 12 update as part of the OS 360 program. This update includes feature enhancements and bug fixes that will improve the performance and usability of these devices. This update will be available for download on the EloView cloud portal as a dropdown OTA and will become the default OTA download on EloView and OEMConfig as of December 7th, 2023. Please reach out to your Elo support contact for any additional questions or to request access to a direct download of this update.
New features and enhancements:
- Added the ability to enable or disable emoji icons within virtual keyboard for standard device.
- Added 802.1x support for ethernet on Value device.
- Added support for Polish language for virtual keyboard on secondary screen.
- Updated Google Chrome version to 114.0.5735.60.
- Resolved an issue where Android 10 to 12 upgrade caused device to be in boot loop.
- Resolved an issue where whitelisting capabilities within webapps were not reliable by updating the WebView Controller application.
- Restricted access to open network connection on M60 device.
- Resolved an issue where Internet Connectivity screen appeared after Enterprise Reset and Device Deletion from EloView cloud portal.
- Resolved an issue where custom wallpaper was not displaying properly.
- Added API support for the following:
- To enable and disable access to Android Settings.
- To clear background tasks.
- To enable and disable Backlight for value device.
Upgrading your Peripheral SDK JAR file to AAR will be necessary for peripherals to function seamlessly on Android 12. Failure to update will cause applications that leverage that library to crash on launch. As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from the EloView Portal or at the device-level from the EloView Control Panel.