November 2023 Maintenance Release for Android 8.1 GMS Devices
- 4.64.114 for I-Series 3.0, PayPoint 3.0, Backpack 3.0
On November 27th, 2023, Elo will release a new OS update for Android 8.1 GMS devices. This update includes feature enhancements and bug fixes that will improve the performance and usability of Android 8.1 GMS devices. This update will be available for download on the EloView cloud portal as a dropdown OTA. Please reach out to your Elo support contact for any additional questions or to get access to a direct download of this update.
New features and enhancements:
- Resolved an issue where background of EloView webapps weren’t displaying correctly.
- Resolved an issue where some contents were downgraded based on previously scheduled content.
- Resolved an issue where devices played default content with daylight saving time changes.
- Resolved an issue where daylight saving time to standard time caused a delay in scheduled content.
- Resolved an issue where some activity logs showed multiple instances of reinstallation of content.
- Resolved an issue where virtual keyboard would unexpectedly pop up after a device reboot.
- Resolved an issue where device was booting up in Elo Android Home instead of EloView mode after an OTA update.
- Resolved an issue where android application was not installed on devices from EloView portal.
- Resolved an issue where the device’s default system properties were being passed in the registration API making device go offline.
- Resolved an issue where there was a broadcast leak within Elo test application causing device to get stuck.
- Improvements on APIs of EloViewHome SDK for the below:
- Added support to auto allow USB Permissions.
- Added restrictions to limit Navigation bar and Status bar changes for devices in EloView mode.
- Added the ability to enable/disable navigation bar.
As always, your devices will never prompt for an update or auto-update. Once the update is available, devices can be updated from:
- EloView Portal